Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Motherly Feelings

I was talking with my boyfriend Saturday and he said he had noticed that I do have very protective - motherly - feelings for our kitten. He says he understands that when he bought her for me I was still sure that I couldn't conceive so the feelings that a woman would have for her (human) child, I transformed and made it a little bit more "appropriate" for our pet. On top of all that, when we did get her and bring her home she was four weeks old and absolutely petrified of the car, so much so that we had to pull over so I could hold her out the door and let her throw up. Obviously I don't dress her up or put her in a high chair or anything like that. I'm just overly concerned for her well-being and happiness, almost as a mother would for her baby. I like to watch her sleep, especially when she sleeps with her paws up near her face in that "I'm cute; love me and rub my belly" kind of position.

I guess what he's a little worried about [maybe] is that the cat will get jealous when the baby arrives and I turn most of my attention to the new arrival instead of her. I guess I should start trying to wean Diabel of all the attention she's getting, but I think it'll be easier after my next ultrasound and the move, where I'll have a much better idea of what to prepare for and that baby room'll start to be transformed. Oh! Which the cat, by the way, shall not be allowed in until it's done. For two reasons really; one - that I don't want her getting into what we already have given to us and what we're going to get, and two - for the first while our little one is going to be sleeping in our room and as much as I'm going to be getting up during the night I want her to accept and be over the fact that when the baby goes to sleep in his or her own room she still won't allowed in there. I'm just not comfortable having my spastic cat around a small child just during the first year or two. Probably two.

What else? Diabel's six months old now! And she's almost twice the size she was when we got her. She's filled out great I think and as my boyfriend discovered her stomach isn't as developed as he thought. Poor thing! He ran to the store in a pinch and they didn't have any kitten food so he bought "Cat food for all cats" and it went right through our kitten's system and she finished the bag in three days when it should have lasted a week. But since it was too hard on her stomach to digest, she didn't absorb much nutrients and she didn't stay full for very long. It sucked, but a few days ago we got her two bags of her "favorite" kitten food.

Yeah, I sound like a crazy person, I'm blaming it on these hormones making me over-emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So let me know what you think! I want to know what you want me to talk about, I'll answer any questions and I'm not shy about any topic!