I figure instead of worrying and stressing over the fact that there's no food, why don't I share my favorite recipes with you? And some that I want to try, but just haven't got the guts to dive in and do it yet?
I say why not? Who doesn't like to look at pictures of yummy food that's great for winter? Especially now, when it's really starting to settle in.
To start off, I want to try this really healthy, tasty-sounding lasagna recipe. Instead of the traditional ground beef or pork it uses cubed chicken. A lighter option for winter, perfect to make a break in all these heavy, hearty stews, soups, meat pies and sauces.
Credit for this recipe goes to Karin Calloway, and I got the link to her recipe from another blog (http://iowagirleats.com/) while trying to find a good way to reveal my baby's gender to the family (once we find out). I mean, a card is very normal, a cake with it written on top is too in-your-face for me, I wanted a subtle way to tell everyone. I find her cupcakes to be a really cute idea!
Back to what I was talking about... Creamy Chicken and Spinach Lasagna, I don't think you'll find a better way to eat cheesy chicken and salad together. Karen suggests pairing this lasagna with a salad or rolls, but what about a creamy soup? Carrot, broccoli, pumpkin, squash, whatever you want!
And just as a bonus, not that I haven't given you guys a really yummy cupcake recipe AND a lasagna recipe already; for all of you who love mac and cheese as much as I do try this spicy version.
Go eat!
I say why not? Who doesn't like to look at pictures of yummy food that's great for winter? Especially now, when it's really starting to settle in.
To start off, I want to try this really healthy, tasty-sounding lasagna recipe. Instead of the traditional ground beef or pork it uses cubed chicken. A lighter option for winter, perfect to make a break in all these heavy, hearty stews, soups, meat pies and sauces.
Credit for this recipe goes to Karin Calloway, and I got the link to her recipe from another blog (http://iowagirleats.com/) while trying to find a good way to reveal my baby's gender to the family (once we find out). I mean, a card is very normal, a cake with it written on top is too in-your-face for me, I wanted a subtle way to tell everyone. I find her cupcakes to be a really cute idea!
Back to what I was talking about... Creamy Chicken and Spinach Lasagna, I don't think you'll find a better way to eat cheesy chicken and salad together. Karen suggests pairing this lasagna with a salad or rolls, but what about a creamy soup? Carrot, broccoli, pumpkin, squash, whatever you want!
And just as a bonus, not that I haven't given you guys a really yummy cupcake recipe AND a lasagna recipe already; for all of you who love mac and cheese as much as I do try this spicy version.
Go eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment
So let me know what you think! I want to know what you want me to talk about, I'll answer any questions and I'm not shy about any topic!