My boyfriend's mom doesn't like me; I'm sure of it. I make supper about two or three times a week and I make enough for four people (and a bit extra for me and my boyfriend, me cause I eat more than usual and for my boyfriend to bring some for work the next day), but say I'm a little hungry and it's not time for supper yet I'll make myself a snack. If she sees that I already have something to eat, she'll make supper for her and her husband and leave nothing for me to eat. Come on! I was feeling a bit peckish, sorry I made two or three toast and some carrot sticks forty minutes before you start making supper. I'm pretty sure five thick hamburgers can feed three people. One for me and two for each of you, I'll fill up on fruit after, that's fine. But this isn't the first time she does this. I've spoken to my boyfriend about it and he says she forgets. I'm freaking pregnant, my stomach is fat, I eat every hour, I'm grumpy one second and super happy the next, I get nauseous, I don't like being around smokers anymore, I'm taking prenatal pills and I have an ultrasound next week. How do you forget??
Know what she did? Came into my room when she got home, saw I had a bit of food on a plate, frowned, went into the kitchen made supper, didn't leave me any and totally ignored me until she went to bed at seven-thirty. Nice.
I know this is going to come off as cold or whatever, but when she comes over to our place and I'm eating, I'm not offering her any. I'm not buying coffee, so she can't drink any. She also won't be allowed to use the kitchen; like just go and open the cupboards and make herself that much at home. She will be a guest, not my future mother-in-law who could be comfortable in my home. She doesn't make me feel welcome because I don't have money and that I ask my boyfriend to get me fruits and vegetables to snack on (I don't really share because I learned my lesson. She'll eat most of it and leave me practically nothing in the span of at least three days from purchase), or juice or something, and he'll tell her that it's for me.
Argh! This woman is driving me mad. I can't wait to be away from her childish selfishness. And pretty much show her that making me feel awful and starving me out is not the way it works.
***
On a happier note, Todd took me out on a real date not too long ago, what three days ago? Oh boyyy I forgot already! When I say a real date, I mean not a "double-date" with his parent's there or with one of his friends and their girlfriends or that stupid thing we did when we didn't like each other. He took me to a restaurant and we had dinner (I had spaghetti; yum!), he paid. Then we went to the movie rental-candy shop and he let me pick the two movies. We walked home in the rain after picking up some chips and dip at the store and cuddled and watched a movie. He was so cute and awkward it kind of felt like a second or third date. He gave me his toasted bread, which I love because he saw I didn't get the customary garlic bread with my pasta. Great touch.
It was the best date ever!
I love you babe ♥
Know what she did? Came into my room when she got home, saw I had a bit of food on a plate, frowned, went into the kitchen made supper, didn't leave me any and totally ignored me until she went to bed at seven-thirty. Nice.
I know this is going to come off as cold or whatever, but when she comes over to our place and I'm eating, I'm not offering her any. I'm not buying coffee, so she can't drink any. She also won't be allowed to use the kitchen; like just go and open the cupboards and make herself that much at home. She will be a guest, not my future mother-in-law who could be comfortable in my home. She doesn't make me feel welcome because I don't have money and that I ask my boyfriend to get me fruits and vegetables to snack on (I don't really share because I learned my lesson. She'll eat most of it and leave me practically nothing in the span of at least three days from purchase), or juice or something, and he'll tell her that it's for me.
Argh! This woman is driving me mad. I can't wait to be away from her childish selfishness. And pretty much show her that making me feel awful and starving me out is not the way it works.
***
On a happier note, Todd took me out on a real date not too long ago, what three days ago? Oh boyyy I forgot already! When I say a real date, I mean not a "double-date" with his parent's there or with one of his friends and their girlfriends or that stupid thing we did when we didn't like each other. He took me to a restaurant and we had dinner (I had spaghetti; yum!), he paid. Then we went to the movie rental-candy shop and he let me pick the two movies. We walked home in the rain after picking up some chips and dip at the store and cuddled and watched a movie. He was so cute and awkward it kind of felt like a second or third date. He gave me his toasted bread, which I love because he saw I didn't get the customary garlic bread with my pasta. Great touch.
It was the best date ever!
I love you babe ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment
So let me know what you think! I want to know what you want me to talk about, I'll answer any questions and I'm not shy about any topic!