Friday, 15 November 2013

A Not-so-little Ray of Sunshine

Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to look at an apartment closer to his work (and so we could, you know, not live with his parents anymore) and we signed a credit check paper and the lease; which was only effective from the time the credit check passed, tonight I get a call from the landlord saying the credit check passed and we can go forward and start getting everything ready for us to move in New Year's Day!!!

Now I know that's a weird day to move but all we really have to move is our clothes, bedding and tv. I have no idea what we're gong to do about the couches, but right now I don't really care! In forty-seven days we're in our own place! Oh my gosh this is so great. Plus there's two really big bedrooms and I have the green light from my boyfriend to turn the smaller one into a nursery bit by bit. And still that nagging, scared part of me is like "What if you won't need a nursery?"

Phhhhhh~! I'm just totally stoked that we're going to live somewhere decent and that has buses! I'm forever going to be a "city-girl", not comfortable away from the noise and bustle of a place like Montreal.

I'm really happy that we'll finally have a place to our own for the next year and a bit, I just need to find a way to help my wolf-lover with bills and such. Maybe I could find a part-time job nearby or something. Worst case I'll actually apply for last-resort financial assistance, I'm not going to be able to work long, I can already barely stand for fifteen minutes already! Well, we'll figure it out like we always do, just this time we'll maybe have to scrape by for a bit. Which I know and I'm okay with that. We're starting out young with nothing really of our own and on top of that we're expecting a child. It's going to be tough for quite awhile. We'll pull through. I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So let me know what you think! I want to know what you want me to talk about, I'll answer any questions and I'm not shy about any topic!