Monday, 9 February 2015

Family can be awkward

So some of my older, more traditional family members contacted me and asked when I was getting back together with my baby's father. They pretty much told me I had already shamed the family enough by having a baby without being married so the least I could do was get my shit together and keep my relationship functioning. I know they didn't say a thing about how he should get his shit together, that's just how it is. It's up to the woman to do everything right. Crazy people!! They try to be understanding but this kind of thing has happened at least twice in my family and they don't want me to have to go through the same thing.
Sounds weird, but this is how they show they care..

I don't know what to tell them.

How do you respond to that?

I just said that I don't know if we are getting back together. Right now I think this is best for the three of us. Sure it's hard sometimes and I forget but I know I lost myself and it didn't help our relationship. All I want is what's best for my Chickie, that also means that I have to be happy, if that means that her father and I decide that it's in everyone's best interest to stay apart, then that's what it will be. If we decide to try and resume our relationship, then that's what'll happen.

Besides, this just happened on Tuesday, let a girl breathe! I'm still eating frosting on the bathroom floor regularly, I'm so not ready to talk to him about us. Give me a few months to figure things out..

I'm glad my family cares about me, sometimes they're just a bit pushy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So let me know what you think! I want to know what you want me to talk about, I'll answer any questions and I'm not shy about any topic!