So I've been sick since about Friday with some sort of cold, you know; sinus pressure, migraine, sore back, slight fever and exhaustion.. Plus my boyfriend and I offered to watch a friend's son until Saturday afternoon (but he only ended up getting dropped off at his grandmother's on Sunday afternoon, due to some drama and the parents not being "able" to pick him up because they "didn't have enough gas in the car" but had enough to go to the festival......), and this hyperactive boy is four years old, demanding almost constant attention and energy. He also ate most of our food, which was basically enough for two people for a week, and now we're running a little low on food and groceries only happen on Fridays when my boyfriend gets paid.
Oh right, I don't have a job right now, only he does and I'm relying on him fully; something I hate. Thankfully he gets paid every week and that I do believe I'm eligible for government support so I'm applying for that and if I get accepted I'll receive my first cheque by about August first. That'll help a lot 'cause I'm going back to school in the fall and so is he, which means he'll be in school full-time for the next two years and not be able to work and I won't be able to work either.
Hopefully this month is our lucky month, but no matter which way it goes, we aren't going to tell anybody. If it goes the way we want it too, we won't say anything until at least four months. The huge disappointment of last month was a lot to handle, plus everyone's added compassion just made it that much worse. I know that being in school and possibly pregnant is a terrible idea, but I've handled more demanding things while in school and I did fairly well, and that was without motivation. This time, I really want this and I'm going to do well no matter what. And by the time I finish my course my child would be around the age of one. But let's cross that bridge when we get there.
Yay kitten~! I'm getting it on Sunday I think.. It should be old enough to leave its mother by now and we've got everything ready for the new addition to our family. Litter box, kitten food, sleeping area.. Only thing we don't have is toys and stuff. But that can come later when we can afford it. And my boyfriend is getting his cat sometime near the end of this week too. She's about a year old and will teach my kitten everything it needs to know.
Well I gotta go get do the dishes and get dressed. Got an appointment today~!
No comments:
Post a Comment
So let me know what you think! I want to know what you want me to talk about, I'll answer any questions and I'm not shy about any topic!