Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Relationship Changes

Recently I've started noticing changes in my relationship with my boyfriend. It's not that we love each other less or anything like that, it's just like he's tired a lot and I'm bored all the time and I sort of resent him for being able to get out and work. He's useful and it frustrates me because I feel useless staying home. Here there's no jobs for me, if we lived in an actual city/borough where there's like a Tim's or a Dollar Store, somewhere I can work! Here, there's manual labor (sweatshops) and uhm.... that's it. No place for me, I'm not able to do that kind of work. I can work with people, you know, like a waitress or a cashier. As my family says, I'm "delicate". Ugh~

  I wish that I could tell my boyfriend all this, but like I said before, he's tired almost all the time. Even though he says it doesn't change anything, I find he's less receptive to what I have to say. And I'm not complaining, let's make that clear. I'm grateful that he's working and supporting us for the moment. I think that it's stressing him out to pay our bills right now and his parent's bill for this month. I know I'm stressed and that sometimes I come off as annoyed that he's helping his parents out when I'm not; I think it's really nice of him to do that, and it shows he can be responsible.

  I know he noticed as well as I, that we kiss a lot less then before. And I don't mean full-on make out, groping, heavy breathing and all that. I mean like quick pecks in public and slow kisses in the kitchen. Even our foreplay doesn't really include much, if any, kissing. During sex either, and after well.... we've started retreating to ourselves and he'll get up real fast; so no kissing there either. Yesterday I discreetly mentioned it to him and we're both going to put in an effort to kiss more.

  He says we talk a lot, but about random stuff, which is true. But I think because of him being tired and me being homesick and all isn't conducive to good conversation. I can't really ask him how was work, because everybody knows he hates it. And I never have anything to say about my day because I watch cartoons all day and that's about it. I clean and uhm do laundry. Boring!! Example: When he comes home for lunch, he makes noodles and watches T.V. We don't usually talk past "Hello" and then sometimes he'll kiss me good-bye and it's either "Love you, see you" or "See you after work" and then after work... Well I dunno, we sort of talk. About what? I don't think we talk about anything really. I mean, no subject or anything.

  Now I really don't want to tell him this, but as much as we always switch it up, it's starting to be a bit routine. Always in bed, or we'll start elsewhere in the apartment and then end up in the bedroom. I want spontaneity, and more romance. I pretty much know exactly when we're going to and how it's gonna go down. I think it would be fun if he surprised me while I'm cooking supper and grab me and kiss my neck and push me up against the wall and we just kiss and let it go from there, y'know? ((I know, I know, what if the stove's on and supper burns? Oh well, then I guess we'll have sandwiches))

But yeah, I know he's tired and stressed, but I don't want our life together to be routine like that. Surprises are nice. I try to do the same, but he always shuts me down. And I know sometimes my timing is awful, like when he's watching T.V. or whatever, but his timing is weird sometimes too. Ah well, I'll talk to him tonight at the right time so that it doesn't come off as me being a bitch or needy.

Finally the guy's side~!

  ^ Just a link I thought was funny and slightly useful for both males and femalesThis link is no longer valid, sorry! :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

So let me know what you think! I want to know what you want me to talk about, I'll answer any questions and I'm not shy about any topic!