Wednesday my boyfriend and I went to my first doctor's appointment and I had my first regular check-up. Everything is fine, my uterus is up behind my belly-button which is actually kind of high for twelve weeks; but my boyfriend is a pretty big guy so we would not make a tiny baby!
I think the coolest part of the whole appointment was when my doctor took out the Doppler and said that given the size of my uterus and that I'm twelve and a half weeks the baby should be big enough for us to hear the heartbeat. She was right and it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard in my life. I don't know what to compare it to, all I know was that made it so much more real to me than the ultrasounds. I almost cried right there in the office. I'm really getting excited now and I begged my boyfriend Thursday for us to go get one outfit; like the one that our baby's going to come home in. I was thinking a cute yellow or something. I just want one to fold and have there so I can just continue to be excited and really start getting ready. I should probably go check prices and sizes and stuff...
***
All the rest of this week (so until Monday), my boyfriend made me promise to dedicate it to us two. So no baby talk, no mentions of moving, no stressing. Is it easy? Gods no! I guess it's easier for him because he likes to avoid things that stress him out until the last minute and for big things like moving or a baby I like to be prepared and start way ahead of time. But I promised and I'm really trying my hardest to respect him.
I mean I understand why he said that. We need to work on our relationship quite a bit. Almost all we do now is argue because we're both very stressed out. Thank goodness we never stay mad at each other long. I can't stay mad at him long and he can stay mad at me for a bit longer, but we're never mad at each other for more than two hours or so and we always make up the same day. I don't go to sleep mad, I hate it.
I wouldn't trade any of this for the world. Not the arguing, not the stress, nothing. Maybe minimize it but, in a way that's proof that we feel something so strong for one another and our mutual well-being. ♥
I think the coolest part of the whole appointment was when my doctor took out the Doppler and said that given the size of my uterus and that I'm twelve and a half weeks the baby should be big enough for us to hear the heartbeat. She was right and it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard in my life. I don't know what to compare it to, all I know was that made it so much more real to me than the ultrasounds. I almost cried right there in the office. I'm really getting excited now and I begged my boyfriend Thursday for us to go get one outfit; like the one that our baby's going to come home in. I was thinking a cute yellow or something. I just want one to fold and have there so I can just continue to be excited and really start getting ready. I should probably go check prices and sizes and stuff...
***
All the rest of this week (so until Monday), my boyfriend made me promise to dedicate it to us two. So no baby talk, no mentions of moving, no stressing. Is it easy? Gods no! I guess it's easier for him because he likes to avoid things that stress him out until the last minute and for big things like moving or a baby I like to be prepared and start way ahead of time. But I promised and I'm really trying my hardest to respect him.
I mean I understand why he said that. We need to work on our relationship quite a bit. Almost all we do now is argue because we're both very stressed out. Thank goodness we never stay mad at each other long. I can't stay mad at him long and he can stay mad at me for a bit longer, but we're never mad at each other for more than two hours or so and we always make up the same day. I don't go to sleep mad, I hate it.
I wouldn't trade any of this for the world. Not the arguing, not the stress, nothing. Maybe minimize it but, in a way that's proof that we feel something so strong for one another and our mutual well-being. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment
So let me know what you think! I want to know what you want me to talk about, I'll answer any questions and I'm not shy about any topic!