Thursday, 31 October 2013

My life, it's falling apart

So, I'm nine weeks pregnant, normal pregnancy, nothing wrong. Plus I think I'm the lucky one. No nausea, no morning sickness, no headaches... I'm just hungry, tired, thirsty, mood swing-y and I have the weirdest cravings in the world. My boyfriend is super supportive, we're going to try and save up enough so we can move out by January the latest, so that by June (!!!!!) we'll be all settled and as prepped as possible for our little jellybean.

I'm having trouble bonding though. I mean, from what I hear the majority of new moms love their little ones from the get-go almost, and talk to them and sing to them while they're in the womb, but all I do is wonder if it's even alive still. I make "daddy" talk to it instead. I almost never refer it as "my baby", or even jellybean; that's new. In an effort to bond I came up with a nickname, but it's not really working. I feel nothing towards this unborn child growing inside me. I guess though that me worrying and wanting to make sure it's okay is a good sign. But otherwise, I feel no love and no attachment yet. No motherly feelings. But I read that some new mothers take time to bond and love their child after it's born and really there, like any normal relationship. It can take weeks, as long as I don't get depressed after my baby is born.

I feel so lost in this sea of emotions with, what feels like no one to talk to. I want to ask my mother, but I doubt she'd be able to explain to me what's going on. I'll ask her. .... ... ..... Phew! She says it's okay, that probably when I feel the baby kick I'll be reassured and start bonding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So let me know what you think! I want to know what you want me to talk about, I'll answer any questions and I'm not shy about any topic!